August 7th 2020 - 5:00 PM MT (7:00 PM ET)
Join the World’s Most Admired European Wine Brand, Familia Torres and Wine Educator Marta Delfa, as she guides you through some of the most emblematic wines from Spain. Drink your way through an online experience of education, laughter and some of the best wines of Spain! Ask questions and interact with Marta Delfa as if you were tasting in person with her! Salud!
- Video Link which provides access to the live, interactive tasting with Marta
- A great night in, tasting and learning about these Spanish Wines!
About the Wines:
Pazo das Bruxas
90 points - Wine Spectator
- Pazo das Bruxas comes from Rias Baixas, a small DO in the North West of Spain that is internationally recognized for the quality of its white wines.
- It is made entirely with Albariño and was fermented in stainless steel tanks, which highlights the fruity notes of the wine. Lemon and green apple aromas. - - On the palate, it is delicate and refreshing.
- Drink it between 8 and 10 degrees, with light dishes based on fish and seafood.
93 points - JamesSuckling.com 2019 (USA)
- Celeste is a DO Ribera del Duero wine
- Dark cherry red with garnet highlights. Astounding aroma of black fruit (wild blackberries), with exquisite jammy (cherry) notes coming through, and a toasty nuance (roasted coffee). Dense and velvety on the palate, full of fruit extract, with long, flavorful and fragrant persistence that reveals elegant oak aging.
- Aged during 12 months in French and American oak (20% new barrel)
90 points - Wine Advocate
93 points - James Suckling
- Salmos is a DOQ Priorat wine and is a tribute to the Carthusian monks, the first to make wine here in the 12th century.
- Priorat is characterized by its slate or licorella soils, which allow the roots to look for water in the depth of the poor soils.
- Salmos is made mainly with Cariñena and Garnacha, and it is aged for 14 months in French oak barrels.
- It is very aromatic, fruity and mineral, with elegant tannins and a long finish.
- Combines very well with red meats like lamb.
- Serve it between 16 and 18 degrees.